Sunday, May 31, 2009

A New Day

June 1. Only a few days now until hard core scouting, long weekend trips and lonely wives become the norm. I would think most of us are close to decent shape by now. I know my routine has kicked up 2 notches since I last wrote about it, in fact, I have been training in some fashion at least 5 days a week for the last month. No rest for the wicked. I will be hard at it tomorrow again with a run and balance training.

Change has been coming to 20sub3. We are in a transition phase ushering in some new folks to help develop the brand further and broaden the market scope. We are excited about the opportunities ahead and the growth we are sure to realize. What's first, however, is serving the customer in the best possible way. Looking forward, we hope to enhance the customer experience, further support the professional community, and build the strongest R&D team out there to continue to deliver great products and innovation.

Plenty to do and think about, but most of all, I find the journey has been the greatest learning experience. You learn a lot in a venture like ours - what works, what doesn't, who you can trust, and those you can't. I appreciate the friendships made, the travels, the experiences, but most of all I appreciate my family for understanding that sometimes things don't work out the way you hoped, for their support never wavered. Regardless of where this journey takes us, most of us can know we were in it for the right reasons.

This might all sound like a strange entry, but it marks my departure from what I hoped would be my last venture in the biz world. Things, and people, change, and for whatever their motives or intentions, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly these events can alter your path ahead. Not sure who will take on this responsibility in the future so hang tight and please support 20sub3 wherever you can.

1 comment:

Steelie Mike said...

All the luck to you and the guys Derek.