Sunday, May 17, 2009

Night to Remember

This week marked 14 years of marriage to my lovely wife. There are a lot of tumultuous happenings right now, but none that can diminish the value I place on our relationship and the things we have shared and endured. Thanks to you sweetie...

Upon our anniversary approaching I searched for a suitable venue to spend an evening somewhere more urban, engaged in an activity we could both really enjoy and share the kid-void for a few hours. The choice was made easy when I saw one of our favorite musicians was in town this week. Quickly, I snapped up 2 seats to the event in an intimate hall in north Portland.

Sara Watkins is a remarkable fiddle player. Accompanied by her brother Shawn on guitar, bassist Sebastian, Benmont on keys, and a couple of young special guest stars Alex & Tatianna, the night was filled with one of the most incredible displays of musicianship I have experienced. I am truly grateful to have shared such a wonderful evening with my wife in such a wonderful environment.

No comments: